Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bidding

Today we finished indicative bidding for the electives. I am in a major dilemma in selecting the specializations. I have three choices in which I need to pick 2. I am thinking about IT,Finance and Entrepreneurship. Considering the fact that I have around 3 years of experience looks it would be better if I select IT as one of my major. IT and finance combination will be good. But am I planning to shift to finance???No clue, but just keeping the option open about that as of now. I guess I may land up taking IT and finance. We need to take 6 subjects in one concentration if we have to specialize in it. In IT I could get only 4 interesting subjects. Need to analyse more. Even after analysing if I dont get the other 2, I am not going to take 2 extra IT subjects just for the heck of specialization.

After having a glance at all the subjects, I am getting a feel that ISB MBA is sort of Quant oriented. Apart from the subjects I should start working on other things like industry analysis, collecting information about companies and things like that. I just prepared some rough plan about this. Let me see if I can stick to that plan. Most people don't plan to fail. They fail to plan. Atleast I overcomed the first step.

I couldn't change my sleep cycle though we have morning classes this term. Just got habituated sleeping around 4AM. It is bit easier for me to get up by 7:45 or 8 AM than hitting the sack before 4AM. Till now managed to attend all classes. Anyways just 12 more days I should follow this morning schedule.

Ok chalo guys. Buenos noches Y Buen fin de semana.

5 comments:

Arun Pillai said...

Wow so many things to comment about.Good to see a management post on its way into blogger.
Anyways let me say what i feel about your choice of opting the subjects.Don't just go for the heck of specialization.If i were in your shoes, i would have definitely gone for IT & Finance.It all depends on what u wanna do and basically what you aiming for.I am sure you'll be reading this with a pale smile on your face,thinking "Who is he,to advice me,after all am in to ISB ,huh " .Anyways that's just a post and you are the sole owner to publish it or not. Btw everything looks fine and crystal clear,except /Buenos noches Y Buen fin de semana/ . Anyways all the best for your upcomming night out sessions.

Happy Blogging

Anu said...

Hi Arun!

"Buenos noches" means Good night and "Buen fin de semana" means happy week end. Its in spanish.

Thanks for your suggestion dude. Have a nice time ahead.

-Anu

Ford Prefect said...

Actually you can still postpone your decision for a couple of terms... By term 7 , I still had the option to major in IT, Finance and marketing ... And one more thing ... I didnt want to do 2 majors .. . made no sense ... Better to have 1 major and try a a lil bit of everything else ...

Anu said...

Yup. Thats true, ford. So finally which major you have taken?

Ford Prefect said...

I did finance ... and that too with just 6 courses ... The other courses were spread all over ...