Monday, December 11, 2006

“Search” wars continue

Today we had the Google PPT for Hyderabad based jobs. I just can’t stop appreciating Google for their innovative capability. Google is known for its innovations. I am sure there will be a huge debate about this if I start discussing about this. Some say Google just got its brand image so. Some say that’s true. Well.. I am not here to say what truth is. It’s just that perspectives are different.

I like Google for many reasons. One of the reasons may be because it challenged the big giant Microsoft. It’s not an easy thing. MSN currently trails yahoo and Google in the lucrative areas of online search. Microsoft had to get some hundreds of millions of users to use its web search services. The real problem with Microsoft is though they have a huge audience the engagement is very less. Somewhere I read that Microsoft gets about 450 million users a month. All that it needs to do is to increase the engagement of the existing users first. Similar to retailer’s strategy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best for Google...

Manage Personal Change said...

Microsoft is the past. Google is the future. Go for Google!