Thursday, May 25, 2006

Only two lists

Today we got the Eco midterm marks. So many surprises, disappointments etc etc in the campus. Everyone started sharing their marks and comparing with others. Highest mark is 45 and lowest is 8. Mean is 24.2715 (yes 4 decimal accuracy) and median is 24. Even the standard deviation is given. It is 7.38484 (5 decimal accuracy).

People who got above 35 are 12% of the class. Might be the dean listers. What about the rest of the batch. Black listers!!! So if someone is not in the dean list(<35) then there is no difference between a guy who got 34 and who got 20. Is it so??? For now, I can't agree with this. May be not much difference between 34 and 30. But certainly there is a huge difference between 34 and 12 right??? Ofcourse MBA is not just getting a good CGPA. It is all about how well you are able to equip with the tools and frameworks and how well you can apply them in the real scenarios.

I don't want to reveal my marks to my parents and make them scared. I just pray god that they should not enquire my marks. Let me see if I can do better in my end term. Chalo anu padaaii karo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing fine. Just keep going. BTW, wanted to share about 0.4 club...

http://eklavya-mba.blogspot.com/2006/05/point-4-club-financial-accounting.html

Interesting research and thought...In my opinion, one can always shed that 0.4 GPA for networking and socializing, which pays off beautifully later.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to leave my name in the previous comment

-Bharani.

Sabyasachi said...

Anu...I agree with Bharani... MBA education is much more than grades.
And even if grades matter to some extent for the first job, there is plenty of scope to pick up. The whole process is like a cricket match. First over done with. Some scored 6 in first over... others 3. It is much sweeter to win after fighting back.

Anonymous said...

Anu

It seems you are a math whiz kid! You may want to explore more numbers/finance related subjects in your MBA!

Veerlapati in St.Louis

Anu said...

Hi Day!

Am really glad to receive your comment.Finance related subjects!!! Thought of doing before. But now after seeing the financial accounting subject am totally confused. This subject is very scary for me.