Monday, April 24, 2006

Pre-Terms

Pre-term sessions started from today. The courses offered in the pre-terms are Quantitative methods, Business statistics and Introductory Accounting. We have given the pre-term assessment tests for all the three. I flunked in all the three tests, but opted only for accounting. Its not that am damn good at Quants and stats. When I gave those two tests I am aware of the terminology atleast, but for accounting i don't have any clue and am totally blank in that. My classes are gonna start from wednesday.

Now the biggest challenge to everyone ( atleast to me) is sitting continuosly in the class for 2 hours, concentrating in the class, taking notes etc etc. Unfortunately only 4 classes for accounting unlike quants and stats.

Feedback got from some of the students who attended the quants and stats class:-

Quants feedback:-
1. "Oh my God! He is so fast and i couldn't follow him properly. The mistake i did is i didn't pre-read the quants pre-term course pack".
2. "Quants is cool compared to stats. I guess its because of the faculty".

Statistics feedback:-
1. "What is the need to prolong that tobacco details so long. Sounds funny."
2. "Basically the faculty's voice is not very clear. It is tough to make out what he is speaking ."

As I said earlier sitting in the class continuously for 2 hrs, concentrating in the lecture is a tedious job . The more work ex a person has the more tedious it is. Getting back to academics will take some time. But I am damn sure everyone of us will be ok by May-1st. No other choice. We have to ....

For the last few days, there were some flood of mails, exel sheets. Everyone is ending with filling one or other excel sheet. This is just the start i suppose ;-)

No comments: