Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bond Breaking…....

Wondering what is this??? Yeah! I have signed the contract in my company for three years. Stupid me. Don’t know what will be the effect of that bond at that time. Bond gets over by July. I have CHOSEN myself to work in a startup company that time. Of course I don’t regret for choosing a startup company. But then, I was just thinking how foolish I am to sign a contract for three years. I didn’t even try to negotiate by asking for two years. Anyways past is past. However, I can change my future.

I have very good name in the company, good relations with the colleagues, topped the performance appraisal among everyone in the company, and took many responsibilities so sooner in my career. All thru my career, I got many appreciations from my superior authorities, though I didn’t earned much in monetary terms. In spite of all the effort I kept, just for 3.5 months, I will be paying 1 lakh to the company. Wowwww

I tried my best to negotiate with my superior management, but all that went in vain. When I mailed my superior management to consider me, I have got a big reply from them. Here is the reply I got from them. Am just pasting only half of the mail:

“I truly believe that you are a RAW DIAMOND waiting to be unlocked by ISB. I do believe that you will get great offers after your completion of ISB course. I was reading on Samachar that IIM-B graduate got 90 lakhs job offer …blah..blah... When someone is getting this amount of compensation, I think it is worth the loans and bond amounts. Our bond amount is very tiny compared to your tuition expense. “
blah..... blah....... blah.. ...
You are going to invest a lot of amount of money in ISB with bond amount and loans. This investment will make you concentrate more on studies and ..blah blah blah….. In fact, this one lakh would make you work hard and be great in the class!
Blah..blah ....blah
You are a diamond, smart, intelligent and hard working gal. Believe in yourself and fulfill your dreams!"


Huh! Decided not to ask any more. Mail shows that they are toooooo narrowed in their thoughts. I always believe that it’s the passion, which drives us for tomorrow, definitely not the pain or emotions.

4 comments:

Chiranth Channappa said...

Anu.. here's a crazy suggestion. Ask your company if they'll agree to let you go on a sabbatical for a year. Here'd be the T&Cs of the sabbatical
1. You get a three month break after ISB before you join back
2. the company makes no restriction in your joining the placement program at ISB.
3. If you don't join even then, you pay 1 lakh.

The advantage you get is that
1. you can delay your paying the company a bit.. you can save the one lakh for your expenses at ISB.
2. You can always choose to go back if they offer you a suitable position after ISB.

Anu said...

Thanks for the suggestion chiranth. Though I have that idea in mind, I felt like its mere waste asking them about sabbatical.

They just wanted me to feel the pain, as am not willing to take the US offer. I even said that I will come back and work in the same company. Too narrow minded guys.

ofcourse they offered many things along with US opp, like sponsoring my MBA in any US university etc etc (but after completion of the current project which may atleast take 2 years). A bird in a hand is worth two in a bush. :-)

Kapil said...

A bird in hand is worth 2 in BUSHland..am sure ur cmpny considers u a raw diamond..They just askin u for the mining charges ...cnsidering ISB will will cut n polish u for the McKinseys of the world..:)

Anu said...

hahaha.. Well said kapil.