Friday, March 10, 2006

My First Resignation

Today I have mailed my resignation letter formally. Infact this is my first resignation. I don’t know why, I felt very very sad when I was typing my resignation letter. May be I am so attached to my company. We really have a great team. I wish my team and my company continued success. I think I will be relieved from my company by April-8th.

Till now I didn’t start loan process. Yet to pay the acceptance amount too. Hopefully I will get the amount by tomorrow. I will get the DD for 1.5 lakhs and will go to ISB and pay in person. Just took the printouts of SBI loan application and other related documents. Now I will start filling the application.

Just seen the news that ‘An IIM-A grad bags a dollar job deal’. Here is some more info about that.

“By around 9 pm, there was a buzz on the campus that a student had bagged a record-breaking $185,000 package from Barclays for an overseas job. Another student had bagged a domestic offer “that would be difficult to break” in the near future. An I-Bank had offered a package of more than Rs 16 lakh, which was higher than last year’s highest salary of Rs 14.5 lakh. But the highest domestic offer was still bigger.

A total 16 firms were present at the Vastrapur campus today to recruit from among the best of India’s talent. On the first day, called ‘Day Zero’, it’s usually the big investment firms that get a chance. “It was no different this year,” said Rajeev Subramanian, student placement co-ordinator. The big names included Bain & Co, Barclays, ABN Amro Singapore, Barings Bank, Boston Consulting Group, Booz Allen Hamilton, BP Singapore, Citigroup, Credit Suisse Boston, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, McKinsey and Co, USB Warburg Pincus and AT Kearney.”

Great going B-school students.

No comments: